Industry Roundup: Awards, Appointments and Partnerships
• CertainTeed, Valley Forge, Pa., announced that two of its products, ToughGard textile duct liner and standard duct wrap insulation, will be used in the construction of the new West Building of McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago.
• Compass Technologies, Exton, Pa., manufacturer of security products, has named Jerry Cordasco as its new president and general manager. Daikin AC ( Americas ), Carrollton, Texas, has named Yoshinobu Inoue to serve as the company’s president. Danfoss, Baltimore, has appointed Mike Winnicki as director of operations, North America in the refrigeration and air-conditioning division. William O. (Bill) Rector has recently joined Baltimore Aircoil Company as vice president of engineering.
• The U.S. Green Building Council, Washington, D.C., has partnered with Atlanta-based Greenlight Strategies to make the company’s software package available to USGBC members at a reduced price.
• Honeywell, Minneapolis, has been chosen to receive the 2006 Industry Innovation & Advancement Award from Frost & Sullivan for its industry-leading approach of integrating supply- and demand-side measures to help its clients save on energy expenses.
• Johnson Controls, Milwaukee, has joined a diverse mix of businesses in the Gulf Coast Business Investment Mission to Louisiana and Mississippi to explore investment opportunities in the GulfCoast following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
• Trane has received the Frost & Sullivan the 2006 Product Innovation of the Year Award in the field of HVAC dehumidification systems for its Cool Dry Quiet desiccant dehumidification HVAC system.