Industry Roundup: APC Offers New Course; BAC, Daikin ABB, MTU Detroit Diesel and Others Announce Promotions
• American Power Conversion, West Kingston, R.I., has a new set of courses and educational partners for its online DataCenterUniversity by APC program.
• Baltimore Air Coil, Baltimore, has named William O. (Bill) Rector as V.P of Engineering. Mr. Rector assumes the leadership of BAC’s engineering department after a long career with General Electric.
• Daikin AC (Americas), Inc., Carrollton, Texas, has announced that Tomonori Tomikawa, who is credited with taking on a major leadership role for sales and planning initiatives for Daikin AC worldwide, will be its vice president of administration.
• ABB, New Berlin, Wis., has chosen Daniel Beaudet as vice president of quality systems for ABB Automation Products, Low Voltage Drives.
• MTU Detroit Diesel was honored by the Florida Department of Transportation for the company’s commitment to disaster readiness by providing the FDOT with 11 1,000-kW gensets.
• Pass & Seymour/Legrand, Syracuse, N.Y. has promoted Sue Magari to the position of vice president of human resources for the company’s North America operations.
• Pentadyne Power, Chatsworth, Calif., announced the appointment of energy technology veteran Mark E. McGough as President and CEO.
• Philips Lighting, Somerset, N.J., has appointed of K.R. (Kaj) den Daas to the position of CEO.
• Phoenix Contact, Middletown, Pa., marked 25 years of U.S. operations by breaking ground for a $12 million expansion project at U.S. headquarters in Middletown.