Free online town hall on geothermal heat pump systems
The National Ground Water Assn. will hold a free national online “town hall” on July 7, 2010 from 3-4:30 p.m. ET entitled, “Geothermal Heat Pump Systems: Constructing the Loop Well.”
Limited connections will be provided on a first come, first served basis to those who preregister by e-mailing Rachel Jones at rjones(at)ngwa.org
Discussion topics include:
- The components of a loop well
- Best practices: Guidelines for the Construction of Vertical Boreholes for Closed Loop Heat Pump Systems
- The necessary qualifications to construct a geothermal heat pump closed loop well
- How proper construction contributes to groundwater protection and to optimal geothermal heat pump systems performance
- Regulation of geothermal heat pump system installations
- Designation as a Certified Vertical Closed Loop Driller
- NGWA’s Geothermal Mud Drilling and Grouting School.
Open discussion will follow the presentations. Intended outcomes include identifying policy, practices, and advances in knowledge and research.