EntelliGuard TU Trip Unit Conversion/Upgrade Kits
GE has develop its new EntelliGuard TU Trip Unit Conversion/Upgrade Kits, ideal for electrical service organizations, contractors, and industrial end users concerned with improving arc flash protection without sacrificing system reliability, while maintaining and extending the life of an electrical power system.
The product includes both a Waveform Recognition Instantaneous Algorithm and Zone Selective Interlocking Instantaneous, which together can achieve HRC2 or better without sacrificing selectivity for available fault currents as high as 100kA. Other options include a feature called Reduced Energy Let Through (RELT) that provides enhanced arc flash protection during maintenance.
Available to install on legacy GE breakers such as AK, AKR, Power Break, and WavePro series low voltage circuit breakers, the new kits extend the offering to non-GE manufactured breakers including Allis Chalmers, I-T-E, and Westinghouse, while providing all the hardware needed for options like RELT in one easy to install kit.
GE’s EntelliGuard TU Trip Unit Conversion/Upgrade Kits offer:
- Flexible time current settings and curves (Including Fuse Shapes)
- Zone Selective Interlock – GF, S, and I
- RELT – Reduced Energy Let Through
- Ground Fault Alarm via I/O or Modbus Communications
- Easy upgrades to Power Management Control Systems (PMCS) via open Modbus RTU protocol
- Large LCD to centrally display three phases on one screen
- 10 Event log with date and time stamp
- Health status via breaker LED indicating normal operation, errors, pickup, and trips while providing non-volatile memory with a continuous self-testing microprocessor
- Free set-up software that let facilitators easily program all units offline and analyze captured waveforms
- Full-function metering and relaying; including Waveform capture to enable harmonic analysis four cycles prior and after event
- Thermal Memory
- Lithium battery to eliminate need for external power