Critical Power Hospital Electrical Systems: AIA CES accredited online course
CFE EDU is an interactive online platform that offers multi-media educational courses on engineering topics that are critical to your work. Courses are AIA CES accredited and are self-paced for your convenience.
Critical Power: Hospital Electrical Systems
One (1) AIA CES accredited LU and 1 HSW credit available for attendees
- Assess the unique electrical system requirements of hospitals including those for patient care and non-patient areas.
- Analyze and compare the differences between emergency and essential power, connected load and demand load, the branches of the emergency power supply system (EPSS), and the types of equipment associated with each branch.
- Outline backup, standby, and emergency power systems for hospitals versus other building types.
- Highlight recommended best practices such as ASHE Handbook for Electrical Systems and IEEE White Book.
- Danna Jensen, PE, LEED AP BD+C
Vice President, Electrical Engineer
WSP + ccrd, Dallas
- Robert R. Jones Jr., PE, LEED AP
Associate Director of Electrical
JBA Consulting Engineers, Las Vegas
Consulting-Specifying Engineer's Product of the Year (POY) contest is the premier award for new products in the HVAC, fire, electrical, and...
Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine is dedicated to encouraging and recognizing the most talented young individuals...
BIM coordination; MEP projects; NFPA 13; Data center Q&A; Networked lighting controls; 2017 Product of the Year finalists
Emergency lighting; NFPA 3 and 4; Integrated building systems; Smart lighting, HVAC design
Tying a microgrid to the smart grid; Paralleling generator systems; Previewing NEC 2017 changes
Driving motor efficiency; Preventing Arc Flash in mission critical facilities; Integrating alternative power and existing electrical systems
As brand protection manager for Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Tom Grace oversees counterfeit awareness...
Amara Rozgus is chief editor and content manager of Consulting-Specifier Engineer magazine.
IEEE power industry experts bring their combined experience in the electrical power industry...