Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center September update
The medical center’s systems are being started and checked for all aspects of the project.
September 2014 update:
- Southland Industries has begun startup and checkout of equipment in all areas of the project.
- The rough-in of mechanical and plumbing systems is nearly complete on all buildings; finishes are underway in all areas.
- Kitchen equipment is being installed.
- Radiant system in-slab tubing complete. Plumbing installation in all parking garages is nearly complete.
- The chilled and steam plants are online and being commissioned.
- MRI room rough-in is complete.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer's Product of the Year (POY) contest is the premier award for new products in the HVAC, fire, electrical, and...
Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine is dedicated to encouraging and recognizing the most talented young individuals...
BIM coordination; MEP projects; NFPA 13; Data center Q&A; Networked lighting controls; 2017 Product of the Year finalists
Emergency lighting; NFPA 3 and 4; Integrated building systems; Smart lighting, HVAC design
Tying a microgrid to the smart grid; Paralleling generator systems; Previewing NEC 2017 changes
Driving motor efficiency; Preventing Arc Flash in mission critical facilities; Integrating alternative power and existing electrical systems
As brand protection manager for Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Tom Grace oversees counterfeit awareness...
Amara Rozgus is chief editor and content manager of Consulting-Specifier Engineer magazine.
IEEE power industry experts bring their combined experience in the electrical power industry...