BuilConn Announces 2006 Buildy Awards Finalists
The nominations are in for the 2006 Buildy Awards. The winners will be selected by attendees at the BuilConn Expo on Wednesday, May 17, and announced at the industry gala, Thursday, May 18. The fourth annual BuilConn Expo runs May 16-18 in Palm Springs, Calif.
Nominated by their peers, finalists have been chosen in each of five categories for the 2006 Buildy Awards. Designed to increase awareness of the benefits of whole building integration and honor successful implementation strategies, the Buildy Awards Program celebrates the North American organizations and individuals who best support the vision of networked buildings.
The five award categories are Best Integration Project, Best Product, BestBuilding, Initiative and Vision.
Awarded to a systems integrator, the recipient of the Best Integration Project award demonstrates the ability to efficiently integrate a wide array of building systems together and successfully enable operation over a corporate IT infrastructure. Representing North America’s integrators in this category are:
• Interval Data Systems for the IowaStateUniversity Campus
• Scanlon Consulting for the Denver Public Schools
• Control Technologies for the New York City Schools “Children First” Project
Honoring a manufacturer whose new product or service overcame a significant challenge, enhanced or simplified the integration process, the finalists for Best Product are:
• EnNET Enterprise Server by Gridlogix, Inc.
• XPress DR+ by Lantronix
• EnergyWitness by Interval Data Systems
• The KAN 254B Wireless BACnet Router by Kiyon
• JENEsys by Lynxspring
The BestBuilding award is presented to the building owner or consultant with the most progressive building technology supporting the vision of whole building integration. The finalists for BestBuilding are:
• Boeing's Long BeachAssemblyCenter
• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
• Retrofit of Novo Nordisk Laboratory
• Carlsbad Public Schools
New in 2006, the Initiative award honors a company or organization that has shown or launched a key initiative to enable or otherwise forward the subject of integrated and intelligent buildings. The finalists for Initiative are:
• LonMark Open Systems Certification Program
• Creation of the new BACnet International organization
• Creation of a wireless protocol standard for control networks - ZigBee
• Building Intelligence Quotient (BIQ) Tool
• Cisco Connected Real Estate - CCRE
The Vision award will be presented to the industry professional that best demonstrates a vision of whole building integration and interoperability through advocacy, promotion, and educational and training endeavors. The finalists in this category are:
• Tim Huneycutt, Vice President, Engineering, Gridlogix
• Jim Lee, CEO, Cimetrics, Inc.
• John J. “Jack” McGowan, President, Energy Control Inc.
• John Petze, CEO, Tridium, Inc.
For more on the 2006 BuilConn Expo, go to www.builconn.com .