Awards salute eco-friendly IT
The Uptime Institute’s Green Enterprise IT awards salute IT programs that further the cause of ecologically minded systems management—inside the server room, and beyond.
The Uptime Institute—which promotes efficient, effective information-technology management—has announced its 2008 Green Enterprise IT Awards recipients. The program recognizes organizations actively and profitably pioneering energy efficiency improvements in their data centers. The awards also recognize IT’s management increasing ecological savviness—implementing software applications or management initiatives where the energy savings occur outside the data center.
The 2008 Best-in-Class winners include:
* Sun Microsystems: Energy Efficient IT Hardware Deployment - Implementation
* AOL LLC: Facilities Site Physical Infrastructure (power and cooling) Overhead - Implementation
* UPS: Facilities Site Physical Infrastructure (power and cooling) Overhead - Innovation
* NetApp: IT Hardware Asset Utilization - Implementation
* Bank of Montreal: IT Hardware Asset Utilization - Innovation
* Hewlett Packard: IT Strategy - Implementation
* Nationwide Mutual Insurance: IT Strategy - Innovation
* Hewlett Packard: Green IT Beyond the Data Center %%MDASSML%% Implementation
* Hewlett Packard: Green IT Beyond the Data Center %%MDASSML%% Innovation