ASTM offers dictionary for engineers
ASTM International’s online dictionary of engineering science and technology is available for purchase online.
The new online edition of the ASTM Dictionary of Engineering Science and Technology provides 76,000 terms contained in more than 12,000 ASTM standards. The definition of each term was written by technical experts in their field and reflects the sense in which that field uses the term.
The ASTM Online Dictionary of Engineering Science and Technology contains:
• Terms and definitions not commonly found in most dictionaries
• Powerful interactive features
• A listing of all of the ASTM standards that reference each term, as well as the ASTM committee that developed the standard
• Links from each standard designation to the full scope of the standard
• Links from the ASTM committees to specific information on that committee
• Powerful searching tools—search by main committee, phrase, keyword, designation number, or alphabetically.
A one-year subscription to the ASTM Online Dictionary of Engineering Science and Technology (stock # DEFONLINE) is available for $199 from ASTM International .