ASHRAE Names Nine New Distinguished Lecturers
The Atlanta-based American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers has named nine new distinguished lecturers. These individuals provide ASHRAE chapters with noted authorities who speak on relevant topics that impact the HVAC/R industry.
This marks the 11th year of the Distinguished Lecturer Program. The new lecturers and their areas of expertise are:
• Robert Bean, registered engineering technologist, Calgary, Canada %%MDASSML%% The Human Factor in HVAC, Radiant Based HVAC Systems, and Snow and Ice Melting.
• Barry Benator, P.E., BENATECH Inc., Atlanta, Ga. %%MDASSML%% Characteristics and Competencies of Outstanding Leaders %%MDASSML%% An Overview, Fundamentals of Project Management, Effective Communication Skills and Win-Win Negotiating Skills.
• Ramin Faramarzi, P.E., Southern California Edison, Irwindale, Calif. %%MDASSML%% Cool Solutions: Refrigeration for Grocery Stores and Delis.
• Ralph Kittler, P.E., Seresco USA Inc., Atlanta %%MDASSML%% Natatorium Design and Dehumidification.
• Thomas Lawrence, Ph.D., P.E., the University of Georgia, Athens, Ga. %%MDASSML%% Green Buildings, LEED and Standard 189P, Standard for the Design of High-Performance, Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, ASHRAE GreenGuide, Mechanical Design for Green Buildings, and Green Roofs and Cool Roof Technologies.
• Bing Liu, P.E., Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Wash. %%MDASSML%% Compliance with ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, and LEED and Building Energy Efficiency Analysis and Sustainable Design.
• Dennis Loveday, Ph.D., Loughborough University, United Kingdom %%MDASSML%% Energy, Sustainability and the Indoor Environment: Staying Comfortable in a Changing Climate.
• Cyrus Nasseri, U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C. %%MDASSML%% Equipment and Appliance Standards, Federal Building Energy Efficiency Standards, Making Better Federal Buildings, and ASHRAE and the International Standards Organization.
• Karen Rollins, environmental scientist and environmental management consultant, Indoor Air Quality Management, Canmore, Alberta, Canada %%MDASSML%% Confessions of an Indoor Air Quality Consultant and Demonstrating Due Diligence with an Indoor Air Quality Management System.
The new lecturers will serve a two-year term beginning in July. There are 49 Distinguished Lecturers for 2007-08.