3 ways to improve energy efficiency in industrial applications
Schneider Electric offers three general ways to help industrial customers manage energy more efficiently and specific technologies and systems to help them do so.
Schneider Electric offers three general ways to help industrial customers manage energy more efficiently:
1. Improve how applications are controlled. Adding intelligence to applications helps better match how and when they’re running while meeting the needs of associated processes;
2. Recover and reuse waste heat; and
3. Improve maintenance programs to ensure critical equipment is functioning efficiently.
Most common industrial applications to begin looking for energy savings are compressed air, furnace control, injection press control, and chillers.
Specific Schneider Electric solutions include:
-Pipeline management system that uses One SCADA for Process, Energy & Security at the control room - including interface with pipeline applications;
-Chiller compressor control optimization uses Twido and Altivar 61 technologies;
-Advanced furnace regulation for energy savings uses Modicon Quantum PLC, Sensors, and dedicated software;
- Injection press optimization through hydraulic clear mode solution use Altivar 61, pressure sensors, Zelio Logic; and
- EcoStruxure solution architecture is an approach which unites Schneider Electric’s expertise in power, datacenters, process and machines, building control, and physical security to enable intelligent energy management. EcoStruxure provides a new energy management architecture integrated and optimized for a maximum efficiency, and an intelligent integration that ties together five key domains of expertise thus reducing training, operating, maintenance and energy cost.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, Control Engineering, CFE Media, www.controleng.com