All the electrical industry buzzwords—system coordination, selectivity, reliability, arc flash protection—are addressed with GE’s trip unit.
Now offered in GE Spectra SG600 and SK1200 circuit breakers, and backwards compatible with existing Spectra MicroVersa Trip breakers, GE’s microEntelliGuard trip unit delivers:
- Flexible time-current curve shaping in the industry for system coordination
- Instantaneous ZSI (Zone Selective Interlocking) for selectivity
- Waveform capture and event log for reliability
- Reduced energy let-through (RELT) for arc flash protection.
The trip unit also features:
- An HMI (human machine interface) based on the same platform as the trip units that provides a backlit LCD display with five-button tactile keypad and LED status to show the “health” of trip unit
- Fully adjustable time-current curves with multiple curve shapes, slopes, and delay bands
- Ground Fault Trip or Alarm with multiple slopes for system coordination
- Current metering is a standard feature, with options for power, energy and reactive power metering and waveform capture
- Event Log with date/time stamp to record the last 10 events
- Test set jack for GTUTK20 test kit
- Modbus communications system with user-selectable address assignment for communication directly with building-power management systems.
Specification engineers are available to assist end-users and consulting engineers with system design to fully optimize the capabilities of the microEntelliGuard trip unit.