Training, certification programs for vision and imaging
The Automated Imaging Association (AIA) is offering educational courses and exams for machine vision professionals to become certified.
The AIA is providing educational courses and knowledge testing for vision professionals. Individuals may attend courses and then take the certification exam. Those with experience can choose to take the exam only. With a passing grade on the exam, individuals will receive certification credentials. Continuing education every three years is required to maintain certification.
The AIA currently offers two basic and advanced levels for certification as a vision professional.
Certified Vision Professional – Basic covers:
- The Fundamentals of Machine Vision
- Beginning Lighting and Optics
- Camera and Image Sensor Technology Basics
- Image Processing Fundamentals
Certified Vision Professional – Advanced covers:
- Advanced Color Theory and Applications
- Reliable Vision Application Development
- 3D Vision System Development
- Non-Visible Imaging Theory and Techniques
- Designing High-Speed and Linescan Vision Systems
- Advanced Vision Lighting
- Advanced Optics for Vision
- Metrology and 2D Calibration Techniques
- Particle Analysis and Classification Techniques
- Advanced Camera and Image Sensor Technology
- Advanced Vision Guided Robotics
- Advanced Machine Vision Integration
- CVP Advanced Exam
The AIA currently offers CVP classes and testing at their trade shows and conferences – Automate and The Vision Show. Check upcoming events for future dates for classes and exams.
Automated Imaging Association (AIA)