Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s 2011 40 Under 40 Award
Consulting-Specifying Engineer presents the recipients of the 2011 40 Under 40 Award. This award is given to 40 building industry professionals age 40 and younger who stand out in their academic, professional, personal, and community achievements. To read more about the 40 Under 40 program, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
Candidates were nominated by a professional colleague or mentor and judged based on commitment to excellence in a variety of areas. The May issue of Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine profiles each young professional, highlighting circumstances that led him/her to success, recent professional projects, and personal achievements.
“This year’s 40 Under 40 winners have succeeded as leaders at every level,” said Amara Rozgus, Editor-in-Chief of Consulting-Specifying Engineer. “Not only have they propelled their firms to success, they have volunteered their time at industry organizations and charity groups to support their communities. These young leaders show that the building and engineering industries have a bright future.”
Read about these 40 impressive individuals below, or view them through the 40 Under 40 photo wall or digital edition.
From their positions as founder and CEO, project engineer, marketing director, and everything in between, the 2011 40 Under 40 winners have found ways to boost the building and construction industry. They are linked by their dedication to their jobs and their determination to excel in all endeavors.
These young professionals are streamlining processes, dazzling clients, and mentoring their peers at work while balancing equally impressive personal lives. Each and every 40 Under 40 winner volunteers his or her time for charitable causes and/or industry organizations. And at the end of the day, they know how to wind down and enjoy themselves whether they are out camping with the family, brewing beer, cooking gourmet meals, playing the guitar, or home remodeling.
One only needs to browse the winners' profiles to feel excited about the future of our industry. These individuals have found ways to propel their firms to success by managing new branches, bringing in new clients, improving products and services, and expanding the scope of the business even during a period of economic uncertainty.
They have climbed through the ranks at firms throughout North America and have succeeded as leaders at every level. So watch out; if they aren’t already, they will become the innovators and news-makers of tomorrow.
The honorees are:
- Louis E. Abbott, ABBOTT Engineering Inc.
- David Affleck, Spectrum Engineers
- Rajeev Arora, Arora Engineers Inc.
- Lindsay Bose, Primera Engineers Ltd.
- David M. Brooks, McGuire Engineers Inc.
- Wade Conlan, exp
- Ian Dempster, Optimum Energy LLC
- Jon Evans, Sustainable Engineering Group LLC
- Michelle Farrell, Integrated Environmental Solutions
- Craig Fredeen, PDC Inc. Engineers
- Greg Gehrt, ccrd partners
- Scott Hackel, Energy Center of Wisconsin
- Xianxu Hu, Insurance Services Office
- Hormoz Janssens, Interface Engineering
- Jason Johnson, Rolf Jensen & Assocs. Inc.
- Jessica Jones, The RMH Group
- Nandita Kamdar, Paulus, Sokolowski and Sartor LLC (PS&S)
- Marcus Keay, WSP Flack + Kurtz
- Ryan Kroll, Michaels Energy
- Braden Kurczak, Enermodal Engineering Ltd.
- Jenny Leitch, Staggs & Fisher Consulting Engineers Inc.
- Rick Maniktala, M.E. Group
- Steve Maxson, Shaffer●Baucom Engineering & Consulting
- Bungane Mehlomakulu, IBE Consulting Engineers
- Mark Montgomery, ccrd partners
- Kevin Mussler, CMTA
- John Peterson, Hewlett Packard
- John Prescher, Stanley Consultants
- Todd Ravenscroft, Arup
- Cole Roberts, Arup
- Nolan Rome, ccrd partners
- Rick Russell, Interface Engineering
- Marcus Sanchez, Henderson Engineers Inc. (HEI)
- Justin Schultz, Metro CD Engineering LLC
- Aliza Skolnik, Environmental Systems Design
- Douglas R. Smith, Dynamix Engineering Ltd.
- Kim Sousa, RDK Engineers
- Ryan Stoianowski, ComEd
- Christian Taber, Big Ass Fan Co.
- Li Yuan, exp