May 2 Southland Industries update: HVAC, plumbing in progress
At the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center located in Fort Hood, Texas, Southland Industries has begun commissioning HVAC systems, and radiant flooring tube is being installed.
As of May 2, the following steps have been taken at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Texas.
- The team is completing rough-in on levels 5 and above of the hospital. Air handling units are being started to provide temporary air conditioning below level 3.
- Radiant flooring tube installation is underway in the hospital atrium.
- The West Clinic plumbing fixtures are beginning to be installed and HVAC systems commissioning has begun. The North clinic is being prepped for fixtures. Both West and North Clinic air handling units have been started.
- All three parking garages are underway.
- The chilled water plant is online and the boiler plant is being prepared for startup.
Consulting-Specifying Engineer's Product of the Year (POY) contest is the premier award for new products in the HVAC, fire, electrical, and...
Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine is dedicated to encouraging and recognizing the most talented young individuals...
Commissioning lighting control systems; 2016 Commissioning Giants; Design high-efficiency hot water systems for hospitals; Evaluating condensation and condensate
Solving HVAC challenges; Thermal comfort criteria; Liquid-immersion cooling; Specifying VRF systems; 2016 Product of the Year winners
Driving motor efficiency; Preventing Arc Flash in mission critical facilities; Integrating alternative power and existing electrical systems
Putting COPS into context; Designing medium-voltage electrical systems; Planning and designing resilient, efficient data centers; The nine steps of designing generator fuel systems
As brand protection manager for Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Tom Grace oversees counterfeit awareness...
Amara Rozgus is chief editor and content manager of Consulting-Specifier Engineer magazine.
IEEE power industry experts bring their combined experience in the electrical power industry...