LIGHTFAIR 2010 unveils 200 CEUs of sessions for Las Vegas event
Expansion of comprehensive educational program and new Building Integration pavilion enhance offerings for engineers, designers, and consultants.
The world's largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference, LIGHTFAIR Internationa l (LFI) has announced a new and expanded lineup for the 2010 LFI event being held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, May 10-14..
The LFI Conference brings together engineers, designers, educators, architects, and consultants to address topics that cover lighting fundamentals, software, applications, controls and solutions, as well as design innovation, product updates and case studies.
Conference topics will cover Controls for Daylighting, Daylight Management in Commercial Buildings, Simulation Tools, Controls, Codes, BIM/IPD, Color and Design, and more.
The 2010 LFI Conference program offers seven diverse educational tracks with 68 unique courses, totaling more than 200 accredited hours for AIA, ASID/IIDA, IES and IFMA, upon individual association approval, including:
• 11 Daylighting Institute workshops
• One two-day Daylighting Fundamentals course
• 16 LFI workshops, including a tour
• Three one-day LFI courses
• Five two-day LFI courses
• 32 seminars
The Daylighting Institute and the LIGHTFAIR Institute workshops and courses take place May 10-11 (Mon., Tues.).
The seminars occur May 12-14 (Weds.-Fri.).
• The launch of the Building Integration track, aligning with the newest pavilion on the trade show floor, covering on energy efficiencies, optimizing analysis and performance of the overall building, and comparisons of efficiency improvements.
• In the LIGHTFAIR Institute, a complete three-level lighting series will be introduced with the addition of a new two-day Advanced Lighting course to enhance the existing two-day immersion courses, Basic Lighting and Intermediate Lighting;
• Courses on daylighting management tools, metrics, harvesting and control systems within the Daylighting Institute;
• A wide variety of workshops and seminars on LED and LEED.
A large expo will also be held at LIGHTFAIR May 12-14, which will include a virtual tradeshow for those unable to make the trip.
LIGHTFAIR International is sponsored by the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) and the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES). The event is produced and managed by AMC, Inc.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Consulting-Specifying Engineer case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.