Las Vegas CityCenter opens
CityCenter's 67 acres offers residences, casino, and other amenities in an environmentally friendly setting.
This urban resort destination has been brought to life by eight world-renowned architects. CityCenter offers a new era of resort experiences with an ambition to refine and redefine Las Vegas.
• Located on 67 acres between Bellagio and Monte Carlo resorts.
• Joint venture between MGM MIRAGE and Infinity World Development Corp, a subsidiary of Dubai World.
• CityCenter has been brought to life by eight internationally acclaimed architectural firms including Pelli Clarke Pelli, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Helmut Jahn, RV Architecture LLC led by Rafael Viñoly, Foster + Partners, Studio Daniel Libeskind, Rockwell Group, and Gensler.
• CityCenter is one of the largest sustainable developments in the world and has received LEED Gold certification for ARIA, Vdara, Crystals, Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and Veer Towers. The Harmon Hotel also is pursuing LEED certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
• CityCenter includes ARIA Resort & Casino a 61-story, 4,004-room gaming resort; luxury non-gaming hotels including Las Vegas' first Mandarin Oriental, Vdara Hotel & Spa and The Harmon Hotel (opening late 2010); Veer Towers, the development's only strictly residential buildings; and Crystals, a 500,000 sq ft retail and entertainment district.
• Approximately 2,400 residences total between Veer Towers, Vdara Condo Hotel, and Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.
• CityCenter offers multiple, convenient access points including a front entrance off Las Vegas Boulevard, with access to Mandarin Oriental, Veer Towers, Crystals, ARIA and self parking, and a north entrance off of Harmon Blvd. with access to ARIA and Vdara. Parking options include complimentary valet at all CityCenter locations, as well as a garage for self parking.
Senior editor Amara Rozgus will visit CityCenter this week. Follow her on Twitter to get her take on this new facility.