HVAC design for indoor pools, spas
This manual provides design tips for those designing HVAC for swimming pools and spas.
SPS provides contractors with the information needed to confidently include indoor pools, spas, and fountains in their design capabilities. Input from original equipment manufacturers (OEM), mechanical contractors, and consulting engineers have been incorporated into the HVAC industry's first ANSI-recognized design manual for indoor pools and spas .
Manual SPS addresses the unique dynamics for pools and spas including:
• Controlling dew point temperatures of space air as well as space temperature
• Compatibility with moist air and pool chemicals
• Sealing and insulating duct work
• Code requirements
• Designing for higher operating and installation costs, higher efficiency systems, and the expense of ongoing maintenance
• Dehumidification systems and indoor air quality.