AIA introduces five new documents
New documents based on concepts and model language included in the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Guide for Sustainable Projects.
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) has introduced five new documents that are based on and incorporate ideas and concepts from the AIA's Guide for Sustainable Projects. The purpose of the new documents is to address roles, risks, and opportunities encountered on sustainable design and construction projects.
The new documents include:
1. A101-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement between Owner and Contractor, for use on a Sustainable Project where the basis of payment is a Stipulated Sum
2. B101-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect, for use on a Sustainable Project
3. A201-2007 SP, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, for use on a Sustainable Project
4. C401-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement Between Architect and Consultant, for use on a Sustainable Project
5. A401-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement Between Contractor and Subcontractor, for use on a Sustainable Project
The guide itself, which is available for free download, has been downloaded 4,000 times since its inaugural release in May 2011.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Consulting-Specifying Engineer, www.csemag.com
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Consulting-Specifying Engineer case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.